1 to render motionless, as with a fixed stare or by arousing terror or awe; "The snake charmer fascinates the cobra" [syn: fascinate, transfix, grip]
2 attract strongly, as if with a magnet; "She magnetized the audience with her tricks" [syn: magnetize, mesmerize, mesmerise, magnetise, bewitch]
3 put into a trance [syn: entrance] [also: spellbound]spellbound adj : having your attention fixated as though by a spell [syn: fascinated, hypnotized, hypnotised, mesmerized, mesmerised, transfixed]spellbound See spellbind
Spellbound may refer to:
- "Spellbound" (song), a song written and performed by the band Siouxsie & the Banshees (1981)
- "Spellbound" (Ira Losco song), a 2001 song performed by Ira Losco
- Spellbound (album), a 1991 album by Paula Abdul
- Spellbound (Tygers of Pan Tang album), a 1981 album by Tygers of Pan Tang
- "Spellbound" (DMX song), a song used to diss K-Solo
- "Spellbound" (K-Solo song), a song about his style
- Spellbound (Split Enz album), a 1997 Split Enz album
- Spellbound (Ten Album), a 1999 album by the hard rock group Ten
- Spellbound (musical group),1990-present tropical-funk fusion band formed by Los Angeles independent songwriters & producers Paul Thomas & Bobby Moon.
- [[Spellbound (comic book), A horror comic book published by Atlas Comics from 1952 to 1957.
- Spellbound (Full House episode)
- Spellbound (poem), Poem written in 1837 by Emily Brontë
- SpellBound (spell checker), a spell checker for Mozilla Firefox
- Spellbound (computer game), a ZX Spectrum/Commodore 64 computer game starring Magic Knight
- Spellbound (Beyond computer game), a different and unrelated ZX Spectrum game
- Spellbound (software developer), a German computer game development company, founded by Armin Gessert in 1994
- Spellbound!, an educational computer game
- A style of rapping pioneered by DMX.
- See also Spellbound (English usage)
agape, aghast, agog, all agog, amazed, arrested, astonished, astounded, at gaze, awed, awestruck, becharmed, beguiled, bewildered, bewitched, breathless, captivated, castle-building, caught, charm-bound, charmed, confounded, daydreaming, daydreamy, dreamful, dreaming, dreamlike, dreamy, dreamy-eyed, dreamy-souled, dumbfounded, dumbstruck, enchanted, enraptured, enravished, enthralled, entranced, fascinated, fixed, flabbergasted, gaping, gauping, gazing, gripped, held, hypnotized, in a trance, in awe, in awe of, lost in wonder, marveling, mesmerized, open-eyed, openmouthed, overwhelmed, pipe-dreaming, popeyed, puzzled, rapt, rapt in wonder, spell-caught, spelled, staggered, staring, stupefied, surprised, thunderstruck, tranced, under a charm, under a spell, wide-eyed, wonder-struck, wondering